Rugby 7s National team coach Tolbert Onyango has been given green light to join the rest of the team in Monaco for the Olympic qualifers tournament in France.
Onyango together with players Aaron Ofoywroth, Joseph Aredo and physiotherapist didn’t pass the first Covid19 test and hence didn’t travel with the rest of the team last Saturday night.
However, the good news from Uganda Rugby Union indicate that four members namely Dr. Faith Komagum, Coach Tolbert Onyango, players Kelvin Balagadde and James Odongo will join the rest of the contingent for the qualification tournament.
Uganda, that will be captained by Michael Wokorach, is pitted alongside powerhouse Hong Kong, hosts France, Chile and Jamaica.
The other teams targeting the only remaining rugby Olympic slot are Tonga, Ireland, Mexico, Samoa and Zimbabwe.
The Tokyo Olympics will mark the second time rugby is being played at the Olympics.
Pool B: France, Chile, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Uganda
Uganda’s Group Schedule
*June 18: Uganda Vs Jamaica
*June 19: Hongkong Vs Uganda
*June 19: France Vs Uganda
*June 20: Chile Vs Uganda
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch