Derrick Ndahiro. SC Villa media photo
Friday, June 18
*UPDF Vs SC Villa, Bombo Barracks
*Kitara Vs KCCA, Masindi Stadium
(Kickoff – 3pm)
- Brian Kalumba and Brian Kayanja are game time decision for UPDF
- Ibrahim Wammanah, Yusuf Wasswa, Joseph Vuni and Seif Batte are sidelined
- Villa set to welcome back captain Asuman Alishe from an internal suspension
- Gavin Kizito available for selection, Andrew Kiwanuka, Meddie Kibirige and Ronald Olaki are sidelined with illness
UPDF – Eric Kibowa, James Begisa, Denis Ssekitoleko, Robert Eseru, Isa Mubiru, Bernard Muwanga, Charles Ssebutinde, Ibrahim Thembo, Davis Kasirye, Alex Kitata, Ezekiel Katende
SC Villa – Saidi Keni, Joseph Nsubuga, Derrick Ndahiro, Gavin Kizito, Asuman Alishe, Geoffrey Wasswa, Ronald Ssekiganda, Goffin Oyirwoth, Nicholas Kabonge, Isaac Ogwanga, Nsereko Muhamed
Preview: Villa Want To Avenge First Round Loss
SC Villa meet hosts and landlord UPDF on Wednesday in a league game at Bombo Barracks ground.
Villa lost the reverse fixture 1-0 thanks to Ezekiel Katende’s 73rd minute strike at the same venue.
The Jogoos will go all out to pay back UPDF in similar currency.
However, pre match preparations have been hampered by a Wednesday sit down strike from the coaching team.
The team returned to training on Thursday at Villa park and if they can put off field struggles aside, they will cause UPDF FC all troubles
The hosts sit just two points below Villa who has not scored more than two goals in a single match in their last 10 games.
UPDF has proved a hard nut to crack especially against the so called big teams.
Kefa Kisala has managed to turn things around and its no surprise that they are the only side, of the three new comers, that is still standing after Kitara and MYDA confirmed their relegation back to Big League.
Just like Villa, UPDF have less to play for, and it will be a battle of bragging rights at Bombo.
- The Army side sit 10th with 34 points (10W, 4D, 12L)
- UPDF are winless in last six league games
- However, only Onduparaka, Vipers and URA have picked maximum points in Bombo
- The Jogoos are 9th with 36 points (9W, 9D, 8L)
- They have scored 28 goals and conceded as many
- Villa’s last win against Kyetume was the first in last 10 games
- Olympics: Preview, Time and How To Watch Nanziri’s Bout With Tsukimi
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI