Another member on Uganda’s Olympics team in Tokyo has returned a positive test.
The Uganda Olympic Committee has not revealed the name of the member but has confirmed the developments.
“Today we have learnt that a second member of our Team Uganda has tested positive for Covid-19. The member is asymptomatic and being looked after by the health uthorities in Izumisano city,” said UOC Secretary General Beatrice Ayikoru.
“The rest of the team is well and continue to acclimatize in izumisano. We remain firmly committed and focused on ensuring the safety and wellness of our team and working together with all relevant authorities.”
This is the latest case after Bombers coach Patrick Lihanda tested positive on arrival.
The team, which is Uganda’s first batch, arrived in Japan on Saturday for a training camp in Izumisano city in Osaka.
The team members have since been asked to quarantine.
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short