Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) have today suspended DR Congo’s former FIFA Council member Constant Omari from all football related activities for one year.
His ban will end on 18th June 2022.
Former DR Congo federation president was said to have received benefits from Lagardere during negotiations between the French media company and CAF.
He is believed to have received over 66,000 Euros which FIFA has requested he pay as a fine as part of his sanctions.
According to FIFA statement, a formal investigation Against Mr Omari was opened on 7th January 2021.
Omari was an interim CAF President at the time after former president Ahmed of Madagascar was banned by FIFA for violating the code of ethics.
- Olympics: Preview, Time and How To Watch Nanziri’s Bout With Tsukimi
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI