Primus National League Playoffs Results
Friday, June 25
*APR FC 6-0 Rutsiro FC
*AS Kigali 2-0 Police FC
*Marine FC 2-1 Bugesera FC
*Rayon Sports FC 1-3 Espoir FC
APR FC were crowned the champions of the Rwanda Primus National League for a record extending 19th time.
The Igikona hammered Rutsiro FC 6-0 at Huye Stadium to snatch the title on a goal difference.
Yannick Bizimana scored a brace before halftime, Mugunga Yves, Maombi Jean Pierre (own goal), Ndayishimiye Dieudonné and Byiringiro Lagu were also on target.
APR FC came into the last day unbeaten, and level on points with AS Kigali.
AS Kigali beat Police FC 2-0 to finish level on 19 points with APR FC who claim top spot on a superior goal difference.
APR FC hold a 20 goal difference while AS Kigali has 12.
APR FC were crowned champions in a ceremony that was held under strict measured to contain the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic as only club captain Thierry Manzi, his teammates and the club’s technical staff were allowed to step on the pitch to celebrate their title triumph, per Ferwafa.
The Primus National League climaxes on Monday, June 28 2021 with Playoff games of the Bottom Eight taking place on that day.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch