Uganda’s senior basketball national men’s National team, the Silverbacks, has left for Cairo, Egypt ahead of the 2021 Afrobasket Qualifiers.
Uganda is gearing up for the rescheduled games against Group E opponents Morocco and Cape Verde – The team missed the second window in February due to Covid19.
The Silverbacks will camp in Cairo for few days before connecting to Rabat, Morocco for the first tie on July 8 at the Fathala Hall in Sale.
Titus Lual (UCU Canon) and Oilers quartet of Ben Komakech, James Okello, Jimmy Enabu and Tonny Drilleba are the local based players that are joining the seven foreign legion that is already in Cairo.
FUBA President Nasser Sserunjogi, coaches Andrew Tendo and Mande Juruni were part of the travelling contingent.
Uganda is fighting to take one of the two remaining slots for the 2021 FIBA Afrobasket finals which will be hosted in Kigali, Rwanda later this year.
One win from the two games will see Uganda qualify for Afrobasket for a third straight time.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch