Ssaka Mpiima joins as a direct replacement for Jackson Magera
KCCA FC have appointed former captain Ssaka Mpiima as part of their coaching staff, The-SportsNation has exclusively learnt.
Mpiima joins as a direct replacement for Jackson Magera who was the Youth Coach and also part of the senior technical team.
The club decided not to renew Magera’s contract as the 13-time league winners seek for new blood.
Mpiima joins the Lugogo-based side after a stint at UPDF where he was part of Kefa Kisala’s staff.
Mpiima played for KCCA FC from 2011 before joining Proline on loan in 2016 after falling out with then coach Mike Mutebi.
Under his reign, KCCA FC won three league titles and the right back also guided the side to the 2015 Uganda Cup final where they lost to SC Villa 3-0.
He started out at Kungu before joining the paid ranks at Mbale Heroes, Kinyara Sugar Works, CRO, KCCA, Proline and Police and has had coaching stints with Masaza Cup teams like Mawokota and Kyaggwe.
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short