The squad puzzle is complete after Power Forward cum Centre Ishmail Wainright joined Silverbacks camp as the team prepares to face Morocco.
Uganda and Morocco will go head to head this Thursday in Rabat in a rescheduled 2021 FIBA Afrobasket Qualifier.
The arrival of Wainright, who jetted in at 5:30pm, is a big boost for coach George Galanopoulos who now has a whole team at his disposal.
Wainright who just concluded his season with French side SIG Strasbourg, was granted leave to visit his family before he could join the team.
He missed the Silverbacks camp in Cairo, Egypt where Uganda stayed for four days before they left on July 3.
He joins the team after averaging 11.6 points and five rebounds in the 34 regular season games in French top flight.
In the first window in Cairo last November, Ish averaged 21.3 points as Uganda won two of three games.
A win for Uganda will see the team qualify for a third straight time after appearances in 2015 and 2017.
A loss on Thursdsy will mean that Uganda have to take their chances to the last game against Cape Verde.
The Afrobasket will be held in Kigali, Rwanda on 4 August to september 5, 2021.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch