Uganda’s sole representative at this year’s inaugural CAF Women Champions League, Lady Doves FC, will learn their fate on Wednesday.
The Cecafa Executive has confirmed that they will conduct their draw today (Wednesday) ahead of the zonal qualifiers due July 17 to August 1 in Kenya.
Lady Doves won the FUFA Women Super League to book their ticket to the continent.
The Masindi-based side who recently acquired their license to take part in the event, is among the nine teams that will play in the Cecafa Zonal Qualifier.
Lady Doves, alongside Tanzania’s Simba Queens FC, hosts Vihiga Queens (Kenya) and Commercial Bank of Ethiopia FC, have been listed among the top favourites.
The other teams awaiting the Cecafa draw include PVP FC (Burundi), FAD Club (Djibouti), Scandinavia WFC (Rwanda), Yei Join Stars (South Sudan) and New Generations FC (Zanzibar).
Lady Doves will be targeting to win the Cecafa regional tournament to take the only available ticket to the finals in Egypt later this year.
The top six teams (one from each CAF Zone) and the host of the final tournament (Egypt) as well as one extra team from the Zone holding the title of the previous Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (2018) will qualify to the final tournament.
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short