The 2020/21 Uganda Premier League champions Express FC’s scientific crowning ceremony has been shifted to Tuesday next week, UPL has confirmed.
Earlier on, the ceremony for awarding the title to the Red Eagles was slated to be on July 8th this Thursday.
With the new developments, Express will now receive their title on Tuesday next week at the Startimes Uganda offices, Soliz house in Nakasero.
Express were declared league champions on June 29 following a boardroom decision due to the deadly COVID-19 that halted sporting activities in the country.
By the time they were declared Champions, Express were on top of the table with 58 points after 26 games played.
With the current situation of Corona Virus, a few invited guests will be part of this ceremony.
Express players, Club Executive, Board members and about some selected fans are expected to attend the function.
FUFA, UPL board members will also take part in the ceremony.
Winning the title was Express FC’s seventh in the club history, their first since 2011 and they booked a ticket to CAF Champions League next season.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch