Mbarara City FC forward Jude Ssemugabi has extended his stay with the Ankole Lions, the club has announced on Wednesday.
Ssemugabi has put pen to paper in a deal that will see him remain at the club until 2023.
“We are delighted to announce that Jude Ssemugabi has extended his stay at the club for more two years till 2023, Read a statement on the club’s media pages.
The lanky forward scored five goals in a season the club battled relegation.
He was among the scorers in their crucial 3-2 victory against Vipers SC at the St. Mary’s Stadium in Kitende as they completed a league double against the Venoms.
This, among other performances, convinced Mbarara to renew their marriage.
Ssemugabi joined the Ankole Lions in 2018 from Buganda Ssaza club Singo, signing a three years contract after he had an impressive tournament.
He is also a former FUFA Big League side club Kiboga Young.
He is the latest player to renew the contract in the ongoing window after goalkeeper Martin Elungat, who signed a two year’s contract to stay at the club.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch