Elungat will now be vying for the number one slot with fellow goalkeeper Muhhamad Ssekeba.
Goalkeeper Martin Elungat has put ink to paper on a new two years employment contract that will see him at Mbarara city until the 2022/23 season with the Ankole Lions.
Elungat signed for Mbarara city at the Start of the 2020/21 season from Kenyan side Zoo United.
“We are delighted to announce that Elungat Martin has signed a new two year contract until the end of 2022/23 season,” Mbarara City wrote on their official media platforms.
Elungat has been an integral figure for Mbarara city in the previous season as the Livingston Mbabazi secured safety in the Uganda premier league.
He will now be vying for the number one slot with fellow goalkeeper Muhhamad Ssekeba.
Mbarara City FC finished seventh on the Uganda Premier League log after 26 games played in the recently halted season.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch