Mbarara City are also set to lose Ivan Eyam, Solomon Okwalinga and Ibrahim Magandazi
Mbarara City FC is set to lose striker Bashir Mutanda due to reported contract disputes, The-SportsNation has learnt.
Mutanda joined Mbarara City FC in 2020 after he signed a two-year deal following the end of his spell at SC Villa.
The sturdy forward who still has a year left on his Mbarara City contract, is said to be still demanding sign-on fee of about Sh10m.
A source at Mbarara says that Mutanda and Club President Mwine Mpaka have “contractual issues which are still being resolved by both parties.”
Both parties are unavailable for a comment, with Mutanda’s known phone contact still off for over the past two weeks.
Mutanda’s first season at the club has been littered with injuries but managed to bag four goals in the league including a beautiful equaliser against Vipers in the 3-2 win at Kitende.
Besides SC Villa, Mutanda who is a graduate of the FUFA Juniors League, has had stints with Vipers SC and Kirinya Jinja SS.
In related developments, Mbarara City are also set to lose Ivan Eyam, Solomon Okwalinga and Ibrahim Magandazi who are out of contracts.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch