14th July 2021.
*Uganda 41-00 Zimbabwe (Women)
*Algeria 20-22 Ghana (Men)
18th July 2021.
*Zimbabwe VS Uganda (Women), 1pm
*Uganda VS Algeria (Men), 3pm
Uganda’s national women Rugby team, the Lady Rugby Cranes, thrashed Zimbabwe 41-00 in their opening game of the Rugby Africa Cup at Kyadondo.
Emily and Peace Lekuru both scored two tries each while Grace Auma, Asha Nakityo and Samiya Ayikoru added one each.
This was the Lady Rugby Cranes’ first match since 2019 but there was no form of rustiness for Leo Lubambula’s side who left unscathed in a one-sided affair.
Winnie Atyang was named the best player after taunting the Lady Sables.
With two teams in this Rugby Africa Pool C, Uganda and Zimbabwe will meet again on Saturday at Kyadondo.
The winner over two legs will progress to the next round of the competition, which serves as a World Cup qualifier.
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short