Total CAF Confederation Cup final fixture between Raja Club Athletic and JS Kabylie on Cotonou, Benin
Confederation of African Football (CAF) has launched investigations on ugly incidents that happen during the Total CAF Confederation Cup final fixture between Raja Club Athletic and JS Kabylie on Cotonou, Benin on Saturday 10 July 2021.
Ten man Raja Club Athletic clinched their second Confederation cup title after edging Algerian side JS Kabilye 2-1 in Cotonou Benin on Saturday.
Soufiane Rahimi and Ben Malanga scored for the Moroccan side in the first half while Mohammed Zakaria Boulahia was on target for Kabilye.
A section of fans invaded the field following the final whistle interrupting the events leading to medal and trophy presentation.
“CAF Strongly condemns this unacceptable behavior which is harmful to the image of one of its competitions,”reads CAF Statement.
“CAF has opened a disciplinary investigation in order to determine the root cause and people responsible and apply possible sanctions, with aim of preventing future occurrence of such acts.”
- CID To Probe UOC over Irregularities In Ssekitoleko’s Travel To Japan
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short