Four Uganda Crews are set to leave for Tanzania ahead of another leg of the Africa Rally Championship.
The provisional list seen by this website has Yassin Nasser, Hassan Alwi, Jas Mangat and Duncan ‘Kinkane’ Mubiru from Uganda.
Ugandans will go head to head with Rally drivers from Tanzania, Kenya and Zambia.
The event is the third round of Fia’s 2021 African Rally Championship and will take place at the Ubena Highland Estates.
This will be held in from July 23 to 25 this year.
Mangat is fifth on the log having collected 21 points while Yassin Nasser comes closest in 12th with 7 points on the ARC log.
There were initial fears from the organisers that Ugandan drivers will miss out on the event due to Covid19 lockdown that put stringent restrictions on travels.
The ARC was first held in 1981, the championship is now in its 40th season.
Charles Muhangi is the only Ugandan driver to have won the ARC title when he emerged victorious in 1999.
The Four Uganda Crews for Africa Rally Championship
- Yassin Nasser and Ali Katumba (Moil rally Team), Subaru Impreza
- Hassan Alwi and Mwangi James (IUEA), Subaru Impreza
- Jas Mangat and Joseph Kamya, Mitsubish Lancer Evo X
- Duncan Mubiru and Musa Nsubuga (Kikankane rally team), Subaru Impreza
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch