Sunday, 18th July 2021: Uganda Vs DR Congo (2 PM)
Sunday, 25th July 2021: Uganda Vs Tanzania (4 PM)
Uganda Kobs conducted their first training session at Bahir Dar University in Ethiopia on Thursday.
Appearing at the regional tournament as defending Champions, Uganda were put through their paces a head of their opener with DR Congo.
Coach Morley Byekwaso was grateful for the role of divine intervention following an incident-free training session.
“We thank God for the safety he provided us yesterday we reached well” he states.
“So far our first training has been good boys have trained well they have all geared for our first game against Congo”.
“We are yet to get any injured player so we pray to God that he keeps us safe up to that day of the match”.
The gaffer is aware of the tough job they have on their hands against Congo.
“DR Congo is not an easy team, it’s a strong team we shall make sure that we fight hard to get the win”.
A total of 9 teams will play in this year’s tournament after Rwanda and Zanzibar pulled.
Uganda is in group A alongside Tanzania and guests DR Congo.
Burundi, Ethiopia and Eritrea are in Group B while Group C is made up of South Sudan, Kenya and Djibouti.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch