Uganda Premier League Champions Express FC have confirmed releasing striker Frank Kalanda.
Kalanda, who joined the club in 2019, leaves as a free agent after the club opted not to renew his contract.
The striker scored five goals in all competitions as the Red Eagles won the league last season.
Per club stats, Kalanda has managed to bag 18 goals in 52 appearances across all competitions.
He, one of the most animated figures at the club, is a workaholic forward but his negative reviews include being wastefulness in front of the goal.
He joined the Red Eagles in 2019 after he was among the 11 players released by Rwandese club AS Kigali.
Kalanda joined AS Kigali in 2017, signing three years from Tooro United, formerly Soana.
This was the second spell for Kalanda at Express FC, and the striker, called Machete, has also featured for URA FC.
He is greatly remembered for his brace against Tanzania in a 3-1 win as Uganda Cranes qualified for CHAN 2014 in South Africa.
He becomes the first player to be released by Express FC as the club reassemble their squad ahead of their big season in CAF Champions League.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch