The Federation of Motorsport Clubs of Uganda (FMU) has called off the annual Pearl of Africa Uganda Rally, its official.
The rally was scheduled to take place on the 20th – 22nd August 2021.
FMU General Secretary Irene Blick says that decision has been reached due to Covid19 that saw Government ban Sport and transport among other restrictions.
“Following the institution of a countrywide lockdown for 42 days by the Head of State effective June 18, coupled with travel restrictions across districts, preparations for the event has inevitably been disrupted,” Blick has stated.
Blick adds that there will be insufficient time to organise the Rally to required standards in case the lockdown is lifted.
She added: “In line with the above, following Guidance and recommendations from key stakeholders; Ministry of Education and Sports, National Council of Sports and Sponsors, the FIA upon engagement with FMU has postponed running the event as earlier earmarked to a later date yet to be communicated officially by FIA.”
- Busiro Targets perfect Start as Bulange Group Takes Centre Stage
- Big League: Kyetume Seek To Bounce Back Against Blacks Power
- Baby Cricket Cranes Squad To U19 World Cup Named
- Uganda Women U20 Team To Face Tanzania Named
- Buddu, Buwekula Through to Quarter Finals