Monday, July 26
*Ethiopia 1(2)-(3)1 Eritrea
*Uganda 1-0 DR Congo
Uganda beat guests DR Congo to finally pick their first win at the ongoing CECAFA U23 tournament.
Najib Yiga’s strike was the difference as Uganda and DR Congo for the second time in the ongoing competition.
The two sides had played a goalless draw in the opening group A tie almost a fortnight ago.
Uganda later were held to a one-all draw against Tanzania to miss a chance of qualifying to the semis.
DR Congo, who went on to finish at the bottom of the group, had to settle for classification games just like Uganda.
The Kobs will now face Eritrea to decide which side is ranked fifth. The looser will finish sixth. The top four places are already taken by the semi finalists.
Eritrea beat hosts Ethiopia 3-2 in shootouts in the first classification game.
Ethiopia land DR Congo to determine who finishes seventh and eighth.
Djibouti finished ninth in a nine-team tournament.
The semis will be played on Tuesday with Burundi taking on Kenya while Tanzania face South Sudan
Uganda Kobs Starting XI: Charles Lukwago (G.K), Enock Walusimbi (Captain), Azizi Kayondo, Gavin Kizito Mugweri, Musa Ramathan, Bobosi Byaruhanga, Steven Sserwadda, Karim Watambala, Samuel Ssenyonjo, Steven Mukwala, Najib Yiga
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda