Police has released troubled Weightlifter Julius Ssekitoleko on bond five days since he was put in custody.
Per Ssekitoleko’s Release of Bond, the Weightlifter is being charged with the offence of ‘CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD’ under case file number GEF 674/2021.
City lawyer Philip Munabi has told The-SportsNation that Ssekitoleko will be expected to report back to Police on August 4th.
Ssekitoleko had vanished in Japan after he was told that had not made the Olympics grade, and he later handed himself to the Japanese authorities.
After his deportation at Entebbe, the Weightlifter was whisked away by Police to Kibuli on arrival at Entebbe Airport.
CID Spokesman had earlier reported that they were probing into the matter on why Ssekitoleko was taken to Japan before he had qualified.
He will be expected to continue reporting himself to Police everytime he’s summomed.
Ssekitoleko’s relatives Isma Mawanda and Pauline Nakasagga were his sureties and after finalising of the necesary paper work, Ssekitoleko and has been taken to his mother’s home in Kisugu.
- Best of Photos As Vipers Crowned Stanbic Uganda Cup Champions
- Uganda Cup: Vipers Humiliate BUL To Clinch Second Ever Title
- Onyango hailed After Sundowns Overcome Orlando Pirates
- Tennis: Uganda To Host 5th Edition of East Africa Junior Tourney
- Asante Kotoko Set To Confirm Signing of Uganda Cranes Striker