Wednesday, July 28
*Germany 1-1 Ivory Coast
*Saudi Arabia 1-3 Brazil
*Romania 0-0 New Zealand
*South Korea 6-0 Honduras
*Australia 0-2 Egypt
*Spain 1-1 Argentina
*France 0-4 Japan
*South Africa 0-3 Mexico
Two of three African representatives at Olympics football tournament have progressed to the Quarterfinals of the ongoing games in Tokyo, Japan.
Ivory Coast and Egypt are into the knockout while South Africa bundled out at the group stages.
Ivory Coast picked a needed draw against giants Germany to finish second in a difficult group D that also had winners Brazil.
Benjamin Henrichs scored into his own net for Ivory Coast to take the lead while Eduard Lowen’s equaliser was not enough to see the 2016 silver medalists through.
Egypt were 2-0 winners over Australia thanks to goals from Ahmed Yasser Rayan and Ammar Hamdi.
The result means that Egypt finish second behind Spain and reach knockout at the expense of Argentina.
SA finished bottom of group A without a point after a 3-0 loss to Mexico in their final group game.
*Spain Vs Ivory Coast
*Brazil Vs Egypt
*Japan Vs New Zealand
*South Korea vs Mexico
- Boxing: All Set For National Team Trials At Lugogo
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport