Uganda Premier League side Police FC has confirmed departure of five players.
The list include right back Denis Rukundo who has reportedly joined AS Kigali in Rwanda.
Striker Henry Kisekka, Musa Matovu, Bashir Kabuye and Edward Kiryowa are the other players who have left the side.
“The management of Police Football Club has mutually agreed to part ways with five players gearing up for a competitive 2021/2022 season,” reads a statement from the club.
“We thank them for their tireless efforts of seeing the club maintain a household name in Ugandan football and wish them the best in their next endavours.”
Veteran Kisekka who had joined after a stint in Asia and had signed a one-year deal in February this year.
Edward Kiryowa has been released with two years still on his contract.
Kabuye who was promoted from their Junior team, Police Armless Brigade, had penned a two-year contract last season.
The Army side are said to be in talks to lure coach Abdallah Mubiru committ his future the club.
The side were sixth with 40 points when the league was halted last season due to Covid19.
- Best of Photos As Vipers Crowned Stanbic Uganda Cup Champions
- Uganda Cup: Vipers Humiliate BUL To Clinch Second Ever Title
- Onyango hailed After Sundowns Overcome Orlando Pirates
- Tennis: Uganda To Host 5th Edition of East Africa Junior Tourney
- Asante Kotoko Set To Confirm Signing of Uganda Cranes Striker