Experienced defender Musa Walangalira has left BUL FC, the Uganda Premier League side has announced.
Born in 1980, the defender turned 40 last December and is regarded as the longest serving player in Uganda Premier League currently.
Walangalira leaves BUL FC after three years since joining the side 2018 from Jinja Municipal Council.
In a club statement, BUL who have offered to stage a testimonial for the defender, said that letting Walangalira leave “has been a challenging decision” to take.
Whether he still has more in his tanks to play competitively at any other club, remains to be seen.
Walangalira, who studied at Nagalama, Mulusa and MUBs, came to prominence while at Police FC under Coach Sam Timbe.
He had earlier played for Budondo United, Old Timers Bugiri and Buwenda United.
The towering and disciplined defender joined Iganga MC in the 2007/08 season before signing for Jinja Municipal Council in 2008 where he spent 10 years and named UPL defender of the season at 36!
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda