Tanzanian giants Simba SC have emerged as strong suitors for Uganda Cranes midfielder Khalid Aucho, The-SportsNation has learnt.
Aucho is a free agent following expiration of his contract with Egypt’s Misr El Makkasa.
What was certain is that the midflield enforcer wasn’t short of suitors, literally.
And the Tanzanian club have moved in swiftly to prise the midfider away with a reported two-year contract on the table.
The club has identified Aucho as a replacement for Jonas Mkude who is expected to leave the club.
Rivals Yanga SC and Azam FC were also in pursuit of Aucho but by look of things, Simba has stolen the match on them.
At Simba, Aucho will team up with fellow countryman Taddeo Lwanga who has became a pivotal figure since his move from Egyptian side Tanta SC early this season.
The possibility of the pair joining forces in the Simba midfield is mouthwatering.
Aucho has been on the pheriphery of the National Team since his suspension from National Team duty on grounds of misconduct. He represented Uganda in the 2017 and 2019 AFCON in Gabon and Egypt respectively.
He has played for Simba FC (now UPDF), Tusker, Gor Mahia, Baroka FC (South Africa), Red Star Belgrade and OFK Beograd (both in Serbia) and Indian sides East Bengal and Churchill Brothers.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda