URA FC have confirmed the appointment of former Captain Simeone Masaba as their head coach on the interim basis.
The development brings down the curtains to protracted contract negotians that pitted the Tax Collectors technocrats and Coach Sam Ssimbwa with the aim of tieing down the coach with a new contract.
However, the club has head hunted Masaba and partially ending Ssimbwa’s spell at URA FC.
According to the Club’s website, Masaba will call the shots ahead of the CAF Confederations Cup that begin next month.
The Club have also confirmed that they are in the process of recruiting a head coach and the announcement will be made soon.
He spent six years at the club as a player and was the skipper for 4 years due to his hard work and professionalism.
Masaba was part of Sam Simbwa’s backroom staff that finished 2nd behind Express FC last season.
The former Uganda Cranes Right Back also had coaching stints at Onduparaka and Wakiso Giants.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda