Kefa Kisala’s deal to become Mbarara City FC’s next head coach has fallen through, The-SportsNation sources have learnt.
Kisala was set to be confirmed as the next Ankole Lions coach along with Pius Ngabo as his assistant.
The duo were in Mbarara on Tuesday to discuss the final touches of the deal.
The-SportsNation sources have it that Kisala wanted Sh6m as sign-on fee and Sh4m as monthly salary but the club was offering less than that.
It is also reported that Kisala had a list of players he wanted to bring at the team while club president Mwine Mpaka was not willing to go big in the transfer market.
Mbarara City are racing against time to find a new coach after the resignation of Charles Livingstone Mbabazi from the role a month ago.
During this quest, different names had been identified and amongst these was the club’s former assistant coach Sadiq Ssempiji, only for negotiations to fall apart between the two parties.
The club later zeroed down on Kisala, who has formely been with UPDF FC, Express FC and Wakiso Giants.
- Financially-hit Tooro United Risks FUFA Sanctions
- FUFA To Meet Isma Mugulusi’s Medical Bills
- Busoga United Vs Arua Hill: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Wakiso Giants Vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Mbarara City Vs SC Villa: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats