The Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA) has confirmed that the Uganda Women’s Senior Team (Crested Crane) will take part in the 2021 edition of the COSAFA Women Challenge Cup.
The tournament is scheduled to take place between September 15th to 26th September in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
This comes after the various uncertainties that have characterized women football in the country for the last one year or so courtesy of the serge in the numbers of Covid-19 infections.
It must also be remembered that the 2020/21 FUFA Women Elite League was canceled because of the same reason which proved detrimental to the development of the sport.
The teams have been drawn into three groups, two with four teams in each. The top team in each group, as well as the best placed runner-up will progress to the last four.
The nations that will take part are defending Champions South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Angola, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Eswatini, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and South Sudan.
South Africa have won the last four championships and currently stand at seven out of eight.
- Best of Photos As Vipers Crowned Stanbic Uganda Cup Champions
- Uganda Cup: Vipers Humiliate BUL To Clinch Second Ever Title
- Onyango hailed After Sundowns Overcome Orlando Pirates
- Tennis: Uganda To Host 5th Edition of East Africa Junior Tourney
- Asante Kotoko Set To Confirm Signing of Uganda Cranes Striker