Uganda Premier League side URA FC have landed Ethiopian Coffee FC in the CAF Confederation Cup preliminary round.
The draw for the preliminary rounds of the TotalEnergies CAF Confederation Cup 2021/2022 were held on Friday at CAF Headquarters in Cairo.
URA FC host the first leg between September 10-12 before the return leg between September 17-19.
If URA FC overcome Ethiopian Coffee over two legs, they face Al Masry of Egypt who were exempted to take part at the first stage.
Against Ethiopian Coffee, URA faces a side that finished as runners up in the 2020/21 Ethiopian Premier League behind Fasil City FC.
Ethiopian Coffee FC, two-time league winners (1997 and 2011), will be returning to the continent since 2004.
URA FC on the other hand, were nominated by FUFA to represent Uganda in the secondary club competition having finished second when the league was halted due to Covid19.
The four-time UPL champions will be making their third appearance at CAF Confederation Cup.
They made their debut in 2006 when they were eliminated by Al-Merrikh at the round of 32. In 2015, they ousted ASSM Elgeco Plus of Madagascar at the preliminary round before falling to Orlando Pirates at the first round.
The Full CAF Confederation Cup draw:
- Boxing: All Set For National Team Trials At Lugogo
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport