The record Uganda Premier League holders SC Villa have officially unveiled the signing of Masaza Cup winning defender Gift Fred.
The lanky centre-half completes the move from Ssaza side Gomba Lions and is said to have signed a three-year employment contract with the Jogoos.
Gift, who has also recently featured for Regional side Booma FC played a pivotal role in Gomba’s 2020 Masaza Cup triumph.
Not only was he the chief of defense in the side but also an integral part in their offense as he often initiated play and thus setting the team up well for success.
The defender is expected to fill the huge void left in defence by former Captain Asuman Harishe and Geoffrey Wasswa who recently departed the club.
He becomes the fourth official signing for the club, joining other new arrivals like Defender Keneth Ssemakula, Midfielders Isma Mugulusi and Ali Bayo.
Reports also have it that another Masaza cup product Charles Bbale has already completed his move to the Joggos with the official unveiling the only thing pending.
Villa heads to the polls on 28th this month as they seek to have new leadership at this gigantic football club.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda