Following the announcement of former UPDF Head coach Kefa Kisala as their new manager, Mbarara City have since set their sights on supplementing that with an even more ambitious raid of the Army side.
Kefa Kisala’s wishlist has three names according to sources close to the club and these are: midfielder Arafat Kakonge and forwards Davis Kasirye and Ruben Kabuye.
The above-mentioned players all belong to UPDF FC and it is reported that the working relations with their former gaffer is intact thus explaining why the club is poised on signing them.
The developments arise in the aftermath of mass departures of released players by the club who include: Bashir Mutanda, John Adriko, Salim Huud, Jackson Opio and Chato Bambo.
Innocent Wafula had earlier joined Lugogo gaints KCCA FC while Ivan Eyam excitingly crossed to new league entrants Arua Hill.
The club’s business in terms of recruitments has however seemed slow especially for the fact that there has only been one addition, Aaron Okoth from Eastern Regional Side Admin FC.
Further rumour has it that Ruben Kabuye has already signed for the Ankole Lions but at the time of writing, this hadn’t been made official.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda