Uganda’s Sprinter Tarsis Orogot missed a place in the Men’s 100m final on Wednesday as the World Junior Athletics championship got underway at Kasarani in Kenya.
Orogot qualified to the semis after finishing second in his heat when he clocked 10:48 in the morning session.
The top 2 in each heat and the next 2 fastest across all the three heats were needed to qualify to the final.
Orogot who was running heat three came third in a time of 10:37 behind Godson Oke (Nigeria) and Shainer Mongoya (Cuba) to miss the automatic spot.
The next two fastest slots were taken by Benjamin Richardson and Nazzio John both from heat two.
Orogot will return to action on Friday in the Men’s 200m heats.
In the newly introduced Men’s 3000m final, Dismas Yeko (8:08.76) came sixth and Dan Kibet (8:09.98) was eighth to finish outside the medal brackets.
Tadese Worku made light work of the field to lead an Ethiopian 1-2 ahead of Ali Abdilmana while Samuel Habtom (Eritrea) took bronze.
Rogers Kibet and Martin Magengo Kiprotich will be in action in the Men’s 5000m final at 4:30pm.
Olympian Prisca Chesang will be in action in the Women’s 3000m final at 5pm.
- Boxing: All Set For National Team Trials At Lugogo
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport