The Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA) has cancelled the Uganda Cranes’ scheduled team camp in Jordan that was intended to see them compete in two friendly games.
The team was set to camp in Jordan starting from 21st to 26th August in order to face off twice against Syria in preparation for the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
The training camp was to eventually be followed with a tussle against the Ethiopia national team in yet another friendly match at the Bahir Dar Stadium.
According to the statement released by FUFA, the Federation is working tooth and nail and making efforts to find an alternative friendly match before the last build up game against Ethiopia on Sunday 29th August.
The 30-man squad summoned by Micho and his assistants are currently in camp at Kabira Country Club making preparations for the World Cup Qualifiers games against Kenya and Mali.
Uganda will play Kenya away in Nairobi on 2nd September 2021 and will later host Mali on 6th September 2021 at the St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende.
The Cranes are in Group E of the World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifiers alongside neighbours Kenya, Rwanda and Mali.
- Boxing: All Set For National Team Trials At Lugogo
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport