Uganda’s Tokyo Olympics heroes, Joshua Cheptegei, Peruth Chemutai and Jacob Kiplimo will the stars to watch during the Eugene Diamond League due August 21, 202.
The other Ugandan Olympians heading to Eugene are Halima Nanyondo and Halima Nakaayi in the Diamond League that has attracted dozens of Tokyo Olympics medalists.
Olympic 5000m gold medalist Cheptegei and Kiplimo the 10,000m bronze medalist, headline the 2-mile race in Eugene which has attracted other Olympic 5000m medalists, Canada’s Mohamed Ahmed (silver) and USA Paul Chelimo (bronze).
In women’s 3000m steeplechase, Tokyo Olympics golden girl, Peruth Chemutai takes on World Champion Beatrice Chepkoech who finished 7th place in Tokyo, Olympic silver medalist Courtney Frerichs (USA), World leader Norah Tanui, among other contestants.
Uganda’s World Champion, Halima Nakaayi will also be back in 800m action against Olympics gold medalist Athing Mu (USA) and silver medalist Keely Hodgkinson (GBR).
Winnie Nanyondo will battle 2-time Olympic Champion Faith Kipyegon (KEN) and Olympic silver medalist Laura Muir (GBR) among a strong field of world class runners.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda