Uganda Premier League side KCCA FC have confirmed the acquisition of Innocent Wafula from topflight side Mbarara City FC.
The right-back has put pen to paper on a one-year employment contract that will keep at the club until the end of the 2021/22 season.
Wafula only spent the second half of the previous season with the Ankole Giants following his then switch from Vipers SC.
It is hugely believed around Lugogo that this move is meant to fill the void left by Filbert Obenchan who said his farewell to the club two months ago.
Massively known for his soft speech, the exciting defender has, throughout his career, featured for Kenyan Giants Gor Mahia, Busoga United, Vipers SC and most recently Mbarara City.
As earlier highlighted, he is a right-back by trade but also versatile in defense and seen from the level of adjustments he has had over the years across the defense positions.
He becomes the seventh signing at the club joining others like: Brian Majwega, Emmanuel Wasswa, Usama Arafat, Brian Kayanja, Yasser Mugerwa and Geoffrey Wasswa.
He is currently in camp with the Uganda Cranes team that is preparing for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier games against both Kenya and Mali. The fixtures are slated for September.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda