New Executive Committee (OLSCU/UGKOP)
Chairperson – Macwilliams Edward Mponye
Vice Chairperson – Pamela Rose Icumar
General Secretary – Lumbuye Lynkhr
Treasurer – Patrick Ssebyalu Patrick
Corporate Affairs & Marketing – Agnes Rwaboona Musiimire
Media Liason – Remah Nakimuli Daniels
Events Cordinator – Angel Ababanza
The supporters of Liverpool FC in Uganda welcomed their new Executive last Saturday in a glamorous event at Fast Sports Fusion in Bugolobi (Kampala) during the launch of their 2021/22 season.
Liverpool, English most successful club, is one of the most followed club in Uganda alongside Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea FC.
The 2019/20 EPL winners has got many fans groups in Uganda but the OLSCUG/UG-KOP has laid claim to being the official one.
New chairperson MacWilliams Edward Mponye promised the ardent supporters a bigger and better group.
Mponye, like the whole Executive, was voted into power on July 10 2021 for a term that will last in 2023 as they seek to bringing all Kopites in Uganda under one roof.
“I take this opportunity to thank the past executive committees for the work and foundation they laid on Ug-kop. It’s because of their efforts that we are here today,” started Mponye.
“The current executive committee members will ensure the manifesto I presented during the campaigns is accomplished. Our theme was “creating a functioning support system” and so far so good. We have been able to put up several structures to ensure that it’s possible for the supporters club to run smoothly.
“With the ideas and projects that I have with the team behind me. Ug-Kop is going to be bigger and better and is going to reach more kopites in Uganda and create an impact on our community. Liverpool FC Supporters are known for being loyal and faithful, our supporters club has members with such traits and our numbers show that.
“We are the only official EPL supporters club in Uganda and I am glad to be the elected chairperson to lead such noble kopites. Thank you for your support and we shall serve kopites to the best of our abilities while ensuring the Ugkop grows to greater heights.”
Mponye will be deputised by Pamela Rose Icumar while journalist Remah Nakimuli Daniels who works with Top media is the media liaison, among other members on the committee.
General Secretary Lynkhr Lumbuye confirmed that the group was initiated in 2011 by Patron John Kimbe, registered by URSB in 2013 and certified by Liverpool FC in 2015.
- To create a family bond among all LFC supporters in Uganda
- To keep the love/passion for the best club in the world
- To help LFC supporters come together act as a unit to impact the society around them.
- To provide opportunities for Kopites to volunteer and polish their skills through management of the supporters club
- To celebrate achievement at both individual and club level and in team events.
- To share preparation, training and coaching for sport and other social activities.
- To promote the health and fitness of members.
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda
- Tibo Balemangi Tressor: Onduparaka Unveils Congolese Midfielder