Uganda Premier League side Mbarara City are edging closer to completing a deal that will see former UPDF FC midfielder Simon Mbazira arrive at the Kakyeka stadium.
This follows an uncharacteristic raid by the Ankole Lions on the Army side which started with the recruitment of their now former head coach Kefa Kisala.
The events that have followed since then, have seen Mbarara City invest massively in the raid so as to supplement their squad as the commencement of the new seasons appears to be on the horizon.
It is also believed that Kefa Kisala’ wishlist has Mbazira, who was on loan at UPDF last season as one of the key targets.
Mbazira’s flourish at the Army side in the just concluded season didn’t show courtesy of an injury that has had him sitting on the sidelines for the last three months.
In the event that the deal is sealed, the midfielder will join Aaron Okoth- from Eastern Regional League side Admin FC as the only two players to be confirmed by the club.
The Ankole Lions have also released a number of players that include: Bashir Mutanda, John Adriko, Salim Huud, Jackson Opio, Chato Bamba, Innocent Wafula and Ivan Eyam.
- Best of Photos As Vipers Crowned Stanbic Uganda Cup Champions
- Uganda Cup: Vipers Humiliate BUL To Clinch Second Ever Title
- Onyango hailed After Sundowns Overcome Orlando Pirates
- Tennis: Uganda To Host 5th Edition of East Africa Junior Tourney
- Asante Kotoko Set To Confirm Signing of Uganda Cranes Striker