Striker Juliet Nalukenge has been Unveiled by Cypriot first division side Apollon Ladies FC.
“We are happy to announce Juliet Nalukenge, 18years forward from Uganda WNT. She was playing for Kawempe Muslim LFC and was named Ugandan Women’s Player of the Year in 2019 and in 2021 finished 9th in the Goal NXGN Award for the best young female footballer in the world. Welcome!” Confirmed the club via their twitter account.
This is the first professional stint for the young striker after a successful rise in her football career for both Kawempe Muslim and the national team.
Nalukenge captained the Uganda U17 national team to victories in both the COSAFA and CECAFA Championships in 2019.
In the COSAFA Championship in Mauritius she managed 18 goals in five games.
She was also named the best female footballer of the year at the Prestigious Airtel FUFA Awards in 2019.
Apollon Ladies FC was established in 2007 on Limassol, Cyprus. Its the most successful club in Cyprus having won nine consecutive doubles.
It plays in the Cypriot First Division and the Uefa Champions League and hosts their matches at the Tsirion Stadium in Limassol.
The club is also affiliated to men’s side Apollon Limassol that plays in the Cyprus top flight.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda