Friday, September 10
*Kenya 3-0 Tanzania
*South Sudan 0-3 Tunisia
*Burkina Faso 1-3 Burundi
*Ethiopia 1-3 Nigeria
*Rwanda 3-2 Uganda
*Egypt 3-1 Morocco
Saturday – Quarterfinals
*Cameroon Vs Nigeria – 12noon
*Tunisia Vs DR Congo – 1pm
*Egypt Vs Uganda – 4pm
*Rwanda Vs Morocco – 6pm
Uganda finished second in Group A after falling to hosts Rwanda 3-2 at the 2021 Men’s African Nations Volleyball Championship.
The Volleyball Cranes came into Friday’s encounter having sealed a place in the quarterfinal.
With a place atop the Pool at stake, Rwanda emerged victorious 3-2 (25–15) 21-25, 23-25, 25-11, 15-9) in a closely contested game.
The Shilla Omuriwe coached side, at the tournament for the very first time, will face Egypt in Saturday’s quarters.
Egypt topped Group D after a 3-1 win over Morocco on Friday.
Group D saw Tanzania finish bottom after CAVB decided to remove the team having failed to comply with their financial obligations.
Uganda have their work cut out against Egypt who are the second most successful side in African Volleyball having won eight championships behind Tunisia’s 10.
If Uganda negotiates past Egypt, they will face winner between Tunisia and DR Congo in the semis.
- Boxing: All Set For National Team Trials At Lugogo
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport