Saturday, September 12
*Cameroon 3-1 Nigeria
*Tunisia 3-0 DR Congo
*Egypt 3-1 Uganda
*Rwanda 0-3 Morocco
Uganda’s impressive journey at the 2021 Men’s African Nations Volleyball Championship came to an end after an expected loss to Egypt on Saturday.
The debuting Volleyball Cranes lost 3-1 (30-28, 18-25, 16-25, 21-25) to eight-time champions Egypt at the Kigali Arena.
Shilla Omuriwe Buyingo coached side showed resilience to win take the first set 30-28 but the experienced pharaohs fought back admirably to deny Uganda a place in the semis.
Uganda were through to the quarters with a game to spare having beaten Burkina Faso and Burundi in Group A before a 3-2 (25–15) 21-25, 23-25, 25-11, 15-9) loss to hosts Rwanda.
For their quarterfinal victory, Egypt faces record winners Tunisia who eliminated DR Congo while Cameroon and Morocco meet in the other semis.
Next for Uganda are classification games where the team will face DR Congo on Monday as fight for 5-8th places begin. Rwanda and Nigeria is the other tie in the classification bracket.
- Best of Photos As Vipers Crowned Stanbic Uganda Cup Champions
- Uganda Cup: Vipers Humiliate BUL To Clinch Second Ever Title
- Onyango hailed After Sundowns Overcome Orlando Pirates
- Tennis: Uganda To Host 5th Edition of East Africa Junior Tourney
- Asante Kotoko Set To Confirm Signing of Uganda Cranes Striker