Uganda clinched gold in the 3×3 basketball after overcoming Serbia in Tuesday’s final in Beograd at the ISF U15 World School Sport Games.
Uganda is among the 35 countries at the largest multi sport event for teenagers coming who are competing in 14 sports.
Uganda’s basketball team, comprised of Brighton Galiwango, Mathew Kisakye, Lionel Agaba and Wycliff Birungi won five out of 8 games at the tournament.
Despite a slow start after dropping their first three games, Uganda managed to win their subsequent three to reach the semis.
In the semis, the team coached by Jonathan Egau beat Ukraine 9-8 before overcoming Serbia 10-9 to finish the tournament with a 7.9 Points per game.
It should be noted that Uganda is represented by 25 athletes in six disciplines of athletics, badminton, chess, 3×3 basketball, swimming, and Table Tennis.
- Kenya Vs Uganda – Must Know About U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers
- Uganda Cranes Vs Eastern Region: Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- I’m building a Competitive Team – Alex Isabirye
- Lady Jills Triumphant As MUK Celebrates International Day For University Sport
- Africa U19 Qualifiers: Baby Cricket Cranes Set for Rwanda