Five foreign based players have boosted the Uganda Cranes camp preparing for the double header against Rwanda this month in 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
The five players include newly named captain Khalid Aucho who was handed the armband from Emmanuel Okwi.
Other players include Ismael Watenga, Moses Waiswa, Taddeo Lwanga, Khalid Aucho and Isaac Muleme.
FUFA has confirmed that the quintent will take part in the Monday evening training at the Omondi Stadium in Lugogo.
Charles Lukwago was the first of nine foreign based players to join the team.
Three players are yet to arrive – Timothy Denis Awany, Fahad Bayo and Mustafa Kizza.
There are 23 players who play in StarTimes Uganda Premier League in the squad that is currently camped at the Cranes Paradise Hotel in Kisaasi.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualifiers (Group E):
*7th October 2021: Rwanda Amavubi Stars Vs Uganda Cranes – Kigali
*10th October 2021: Uganda Cranes Vs Rwanda Amavubi Stars – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
- National Sevens Rescheduled Ahead of Safari Sevens
- Uganda Name Provisional Squad For CECAFA U20 Women Tourney
- They Want To Tarnish My Name – Micho on his Sexual Assault Case
- T20 World Cup Qualifiers: Cricket Cranes Win Doubleheader To Move Top
- Shafik Kiwanuka Ready for Rematch After Draw with Thompson