SC Villa Trustees have confirmed the appointment of a legal committee that will iron out some inconsistencies in the Governance documents of the club.
This is the latest development after the club was tasked to organise elections by October 25 by FUFA.
The legal committee will be led by renown senior lawyer Macdson Kabega who had handled some of the most high profile cases in the country.
Kabega is remembered for the murder court cases of Kasiwukira’s wife, Kato Kajubi and Ramathan Magara among others, was also in the lime light i 2007 as former Minister of Health Jim Muhwezi, Mike Mukula and Alex Kamugisa defended themselves against the case of misuse of Global funds.
The committee also has former Villa vice president Muhamad Bazirengedde who is also the founder of the defunct Katale FC, Isaac Walukagga and UNRA Alex Kibandama.
Villa said that the legal committee will report to Trustees chairman Gerald Ssendawula and will handle the following:
- To Study and review the registered trust deed.
- To study and review club statutes.
- To identify contradictions, inconsisitencies, and violations of applicable national laws and FIFA, CAF and FUFA statutes (variously)
- To consult with various stakeholders were pertinnet
- To harmonise Trust deed at the club statutes.
- To present to the trustees the proposed amendments to the Trust Deed and Club Statutes
- To submit a final report of the Committee by the end of October
- To maintain confidentially throughout the assignment.
- National Sevens Rescheduled Ahead of Safari Sevens
- Uganda Name Provisional Squad For CECAFA U20 Women Tourney
- They Want To Tarnish My Name – Micho on his Sexual Assault Case
- T20 World Cup Qualifiers: Cricket Cranes Win Doubleheader To Move Top
- Shafik Kiwanuka Ready for Rematch After Draw with Thompson