Uganda Premier league side Vipers SC have confirmed the signing of Angolan international forward Nelione Jose Tavares on a two-year employment contract.
The confirmation of his deal was confimed via the club’s official website on Saturday October 16th evening.
Nelito, as commonly known joins from Angolan Major league side Girabola Kabuscorp Sport Cline where he has been for the past seasons.
In a statement, Vipers said that the 32-year old striker was registered as a Venom before the Ugandan transfer window closed.
“We’re delighted to have Tavares. I worked with him close to six years and when we requested management to sign him, they did so. We’re pleased that his finally here. He is an important addition to our squad mostly upfront,” Vipers coach Roberto Oliveira is quoted.
Nelito will don shirt number 24 shirt during his spell at the Kitende based side.
In the just concluded transfer window, Tavares becomes the third official signing for the Venoms, joining Bright Anukani and goalkeeper Jack Komakech who joined the Venoms in the recent window.
Vipers, who won the 2020/21 Stanbic Uganda Cup will begin their new Uganda Premier League season as they face Police FC away from home on Sunday 17th October.
- Boxing Champions League: UBF Walks Back On Non-Contracted Fighters
- Arua Hill Vs Tooro United: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- UPDF vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats.
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Beat Busujju to Register Second Win