Saturday, October 23
*Tooro United Vs Mbarara City
*KCCA Vs Gaddafi
*UPDF Vs Express
- KCCA FC have confirmed that youngster Usama Arafat will miss the tie because of Malaria, the new signing had a cameo against Wakiso Giants
- Emmanuel Wasswa is a long term absentee while Musa Ramathan, Peter Magambo, Brian Kayanja and Charles Lwanga are also still out
- Gaddafi FC on the other hand, are set to assess the fitness levels of James Otim and the club are still hoping to secure the license of young goalkeeper Abdul Magada
- Defender Hassan Musana will miss a chance to face his former pay masters with a toe injury while Amos Kirya (knee) and Jamaldine Buchochera Karenzi (muscle) are ruled out.
KCCA FC – Benjamin Ochan, Innocent Wafula, Herbert Achai, Geoffrey Wasswa, Denis Iguma, Ashraf Mugume, Julius Poloto, Brian Majwega, Gift Ali, Davis Kasirye, Sadat Anaku
Gaddafi FC – Paul Mujampani, Onen Franco, Sserwada Naziru, Musamali Paul, Waiswa Andrew, Umar Kyeyune, Ronald Bithum, Ronald Obere, Bamukyaye Mark, Madondo Joel, Alex Kitata
Preview: Byekwaso Wants KCCA FC to Dominate
KCCA FC welcome newcomers Gaddafi FC at Lugogo for their first game at Lugogo in the new season.
The Kasasiro Boys got off the mark with a convincing 3-0 away win over Wakiso Giants at Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium.
They did not break any sweat per say and the tie was over before the hour-mark thanks to a goal each from Sadat Anaku, debutant Davis Kasirye and Ashraf Mugume.
Coach Morley Byekwaso haa said that he wants his side to be more dominant on Saturday.
“We will try to see that we play good football and win as well,” said Byekwaso. “We want to posses more and can create many opportunities. We want to take away our chances on the day. We have to be firm and dominant.”
“We were aggressive and managed to get the goals in our first game but we were lacking in other aspects of the game.
“We are not going to underestimate Gaddafi, yes they are newcomers but football is full of surprises.”
Byekwaso and his charges will play knowing that early pace setters Vipers scored five past Wakiso Giants to go top.
Byekwaso won four of six home games in the league after replacing Mike Mutebi and will be eyeing a decent start at home this season.
Gaddafi FC on the other hand, seek resuscitation have lost 2-0 to Busoga United in their league debut.
They were in control of the Jinja derby for extended stretches but goals from Elvis Ngonde and Ntege Anwar compounded the side to a poor start.
And it cannot get any harder with a daunting trip to Lugogo against a 13-time league champions.
They come with Paul Musamali who will be facing his former side but it will be Joel Madondo tasked to carry the team’s scoring burden.
- Airtel FUFA Awards: Bobosi, Najjemba Leave Munyonyo Cruising
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong