Saturday, October 23
*Tooro United Vs Mbarara City
*KCCA Vs Gaddafi
*UPDF Vs Express
- UPDF FC will miss Ezekiel Katende (knee) and goalkeeper Jimmy Okidi (hand)
- The Army side are yet to secure licences of a couple of players like Dicken Okwir, Samson Kasozi, Davis Kakaire, Augustine Akoch and Patrick Kushemererwa among others.
- The Red Eagles will miss captain Enock Walusimbi due to a hip injury and Winger Godfrey Lwesibawa
- Defender Arthur Kiggundu and Kiragga Mustafa back from injury.
UPDF FC – Brian Bwete, James Begisa, Simon Mbazira, Denis Ssekitoleko, Bernard Muwanga, Donato Okello, Musa Mudde, Ibrahim Wamannah, Yiga Francis, Ivan Ahimbisibwe, Aggrey Kirya
Express FC – Joel Mutakubwa, Denis Mubuya, Arthur Kiggundu, Issa Lumu, Murushid Juuko, Mahad Yaya Kakooza, Nicholas Kasozi, Mutyaba Muzamir, George Ssenkaaba, Eric Kambale, Martin Kizza
UPDF FC Seek To Rub More Salt in Express Wounds
Three losses in a row, no captain Walusimbi while coach Wasswa Bbosa start the first of his three-match ban. Right way to face Express, right?
Whatever the answer, one should have it in mind that UPDF FC beat Express 1-0 at Bombo last season thanks to a goal from Alex Kitata.
The Army side got their league campaign with a vital away point at Onduparaka and would have snatched maximum points when Ivan Ahimbisibwe put them in the lead only for Rashid Agau to equaliser for the hosts.
Coach Brian Ssenyondo will be hoping for a good home start and the gaffer is expected to name a similar lineup that drew at Onduparaka.
“They are the defending champions and are wounded after loss to Arua hill but we are ready for them,” said Coach Ssenyondo. “We scored two goals against Onduparaka ubt the referee counted only one, we want to create and score more on Saturday and we have rectified our errors.”
They look a decent side on paper with a couple of experienced players starting in goal where they have Brian Bwete to onfield players like Simon Mbazira, Bernard Muwanga, Musa mudde, Ibrahim Wamannah among others.
With some of the players yet to be cleared to play, and their Achilles heel is the attacking department. It remains to be seen if Ahimbisibwe still has some goals from where he got his first of the season.
For the visitors, its work cut out without coach Bbosa who was fined Sh2m and banned for three games.
Bbosa is said to have accused his CEO Isaac Mwesigwa of bribing match officials to fail him against Arua Hill.
Such is the story of disunity at the club who won the League and CECAFA this year, but how they react on match-day two will set a tone for what promises to be a tricky season.
Head to Head
*UPDF 1-0 Express
*Express 1-0 UPDF
*Express 2-0 UPDF
*UPDF 1-0 Express
- Airtel FUFA Awards: Bobosi, Najjemba Leave Munyonyo Cruising
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong