Tuesday, October 26
•Arua Hill Vs Onduparaka
•BUL Vs Express
•Police Vs Wakiso Giants
•Tooro United Vs Gaddafi
•UPDF Vs Mbarara City
Wednesday, October 27
•Busoga United Vs KCCA
- Arua Hill will continue to miss former Onduparaka captain Rashid Toha who picked an injury during international duty.
- Geriga Atendele will need a late fitness test
- For Onduparaka, Nathaniel Atamba and Tibo Balemangi Tressor are yet to get licences
- Hamuza Geriga (Knee) and Martin Aniku Oso (Hamstring) have not been included in the available squad for selection
Arua Hill – Richard Anyama, Richard Matovu, Rashid Muhammad, Ibrahim Magandazi, Aggrey Atandu, Ibrahim Faizul, David Ndihabwe, Gadafi Wahab, Robert Eseru, Alfred Leku, Ivan Eyam
Onduparaka FC – Michael Kagiri, Gasper Adriko, Rashid Okocha, Ivan Okello, Isaac Okello, Dudu Ramathan, Abasi Kateregga, Nathan Oloro, Shaban Muhammad, James Jarieko, Rashid Agau
What Colour Is West Nile?
West Nile will come at a stand still when Arua Hill host Onduparaka in the first much anticipated regional derby at the Barifa stadium.
The hosts who are playing in the Uganda Premier League for the first time have set their plans on being the top dogs in the region, and Tuesday’s clash presents them with their best opportunity to set their record straight.
Arua Hill have good inside knowledge about Onduparaka – Cub chairman Joel Aita was on the Onduparaka board, CEO Anthony Afeti, PRO Otelul Vegas among other members in the executive moved from Onduparaka.
Former Onduparaka captain Gaddafi Wahab and Coach Livingston Mbabazi and his assistant Sadiq Ssempigi are now at Arua Hill.
Not to mention players like Ibrahim Faizul, Atendele Geriga, Gadafi Gadinho who have donned the Green jersey of Onduparaka before.
“This is an important game, it’s a game every one has prepared for, we will give this game what it requires to pick maximum points, assistant coach Sempigi is quoted by Arua Hill.
“We expect a lot of positives tomorrow, we are looking forward to add 3 points to make it 6 at our start of the season.”
Onduparaka made overhaul changes to their squad and despite missing their head coach George Lutalo who is with the Crested Cranes, the side has four points in their two games.
They were held to a one-all draw at home to UPDF before beating Bright Stars in Kavumba.
The impressive start has given the Caterpillars some renewed confidence going into the derby but club Chairman Benjamin Nyakuni has played down the magnitude of Tuesday’s clash.
“We take each game as it comes, the derby to us is like each and every game,” Nyakuni said.
“We are not in panic mode, we have been in the league before and we know this league. We are just glad that another club in West Nile is also playing in the UPL so we will share the blame at least in the region.”
“We have worked with about 80% of people there at Onduparaka and that gives us some joy and pride to know that we have contributed to their growth as well.”
Onduparaka will be banking on prodigal son Muhammad Shaban to gun down the new rivals but the striker is yet to hit the ground running since returning to the club this season.
- Bobosi Byaruhanga Scores Controversial Equaliser As Vipers Hold KCCA
- Boxing Champions League: UBF Walks Back On Non-Contracted Fighters
- Arua Hill Vs Tooro United: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- UPDF vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats.