Tuesday, October 26
•Ethiopia 2-0 Uganda
(Uganda win 2-1 on penalties)
The Crested Cranes beat Ethiopia after penalty shootouts to book a place in the second round of the Africa Women Cup of Nations Qualifiers.
Uganda needed shootouts to reach the second round after Ethiopia shot three of their kicks onto the post!
The Crested Cranes bossed with a 2-0 win in the first leg but the tie was level just at the half-hour mark with Senaf Wakuma and Loza Abera on target.
And Uganda held on to force shootouts at the Abebe Bikila Stadium in Addis Ababa.
Ethiopia sent their first penalty on the post before Hasifa Nassuna converted hers to give Uganda an advantage.
Aturo saved the second penalty but Joan Nabirye shot her effort wide.
Ethiopia converted and Fauziah Najjemba also scored to restore the advantage.
Ethiopia rattled the post but Sumaya Komuntale saw her penalty saved.
And needing to score their final penalty, Ethiopia once again rattled the post to send Uganda through.
George Lutalo’s Crested Cranes will face Kenya in the second round who eliminated South Sudan with a 15-1 victory on aggregate.
Winner on aggregate will qualify to the 2022 Africa Women Cup of Nations set to be held in Morocco next year in July.
- UPDF Overcome Bright Stars to Win Third Straight Game
- Bobosi Byaruhanga Scores Controversial Equaliser As Vipers Hold KCCA
- Boxing Champions League: UBF Walks Back On Non-Contracted Fighters
- Arua Hill Vs Tooro United: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats