FUFA Disciplinary Panel has suspended Referee Ronald Kirangwa over an incident in the UPL fixture between Vipers and Wakiso Giants last Friday.
In an eventful clash at St Mary’s Stadium in Kitende, Wakiso Giants goalkeeper Samson Kirya hurtled into Vipers winger Ibrahim Orit in a dangerous foul in 83rd minute.
In what looked like a red card offence after Kirya denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity, referee Kirangwa did not send off the keeper.
“This was serious foul play that endangers safety of an opponent,” a statement from FUFA reads.
“The referee stopped play but did not issue a deserved sanction to the goal keeper that is a red card.
“The referee made a clear refereeing mistake however,the panel observed that the mistake did not affect the results of the match.”
For failure to recognise a challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent and denying an obvious goalscoring chance, FUFA has slapped Kirangwa with a two-week suspension effective October 27.
Kirangwa was also suspended in 2018 for three years, later reduced to six months, after events in Vipers 1-1 draw at Express.
The Federation has also authorised UPL to sanction a red card to Kirya.
- Financially-hit Tooro United Risks FUFA Sanctions
- FUFA To Meet Isma Mugulusi’s Medical Bills
- Busoga United Vs Arua Hill: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Wakiso Giants Vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Mbarara City Vs SC Villa: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats