Wakiso Giants have confirmed parting ways with head coach Douglas Bamweyana.
Bamweyana handed in his resignation in the wake of their 5-0 loss to SC Vipers at Kitende.
The gaffer later missed the league game against Police which the Purple Sharks edged 1-0 for their first win of the season.
“Wakiso Giants Football Club has ratified the request by Head Coach Douglas Bamweyana to leave his role at the club as of today October 27, 2021,” reads a statement from the club.
“After exhaustive discussions, both parties reached agreement on terms of separation.”
Assistant coach Alex Gitta has been handed the head coach role on an interim basis and will work with the remaining technical staff.
“As a club, we want to send our sincere thanks to Bamweyana for the
good job he has done during his stay and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.”
Wakiso got off to a woeful start when they lost to KCCA FC at home 3-0 before falling at Kitende.
The former Villa and Express tactician, was appointed coach in June 2020 to replace Deo Sserwadda after a turbulent start to the 2019/20 season.
- Bobosi Byruhanga Scores Controversial Equaliser As Vipers Hold KCCA
- Boxing Champions League: UBF Walks Back On Non-Contracted Fighters
- Arua Hill Vs Tooro United: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- UPDF vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats.